Mirus Secondary School is an Altus School. Altus Schools focus on academic improvement, high caliber teaching, safe and supportive learning environments, and developing role models for educational reform.
At Mirus, every student’s progress and academic achievement is important to us. We ask that students and parents commit to working closely with our teachers. Our teachers are committed to providing a personalized and rigorous academic experience for each student.
Mirus Secondary School is an educational option that serves students in grades 7-12. Mirus is an academic intervention alternative centered on student motivation. It is our goal to place each student on a pathway to success.
Mirus is proud to offer safe and supportive environments that are conducive to learning. Teachers are trained to work on specific student needs. Our school’s standards and expectations are high. We provide the best available materials and a school culture that is positive, supportive, and committed to putting kids first. Our “university model” is an excellent preparation for future study.
The educational community known as Mirus Secondary School is committed to the development of a personalized and individualized instructional program with intensive parental involvement that demonstrates positive outcomes for each student.
Mirus Secondary School is dedicated to the creation of instructional, service, organizational, and governance models that can serve as prototypes for educational reform.
Mirus Secondary School is committed to collaborative efforts to improve the quality of life for students, their families, its employees, and the community at large.
Mirus Secondary School will implement personalized and individualized educational programs to facilitate student achievement. These educational programs will demonstrate that standards-based educational reform can provide a prototype for changing the way teachers teach and students learn in the future.
- Kids come first.
- Education at Mirus is personalized, individualized, and high quality.
- Mirus is made up of a community of highly professional people. These committed individuals are independent, self-motivated, high energy people who speak for themselves. They work to create a positive, challenging environment that is centered on teaching and learning.
- Mirus is committed to the creation of educational reform models centered on how effective educational organizations run, how teachers teach, and how students learn.
- Mirus employees are accountable for their work.
- People-centered teams focus on supporting quality teaching and learning. Performance is measured on a variety of indicators that include productivity, credit ratio, auditability, quality, performances and commitment to the vision of Mirus.
- Mirus is committed to improving the quality of life for students, their families, and the community at large.
- Mirus uses business principles in managing the school.